Monday, July 17, 2017

You're Not Supposed To Be Here


No, this isn't some horror movie. But it's pretty close. I'm somewhere I'm not supposed to be. I have found security in a place I shouldn't be secure. Thank you, Jason Pannell. You hit me with a sack of bricks. I truly shouldn't be safe in the fact that I always survive. That's no way to live. I mean, don't get me wrong, I'm glad I survive but that's not all I want for my life. This past weekend gave me so much. Filled me all the way up to my soul. I needed that. I needed to feel that in the most serious sense of the word need. I was drowning. And now? Now I have a hope that I never had before. I have a hope that there can be more. That I can have more than my security. That I can excel in life. That I can feel true happiness of the best kind.


I've hinted to my dreams simply on the surface. Now, I have a vision that I can be so much more than I ever believed. I have a goal for debt freedom thanks to Advocare. I have fitness goals and I'm making mostly great choices for my nutritional needs ;) I have a fire in my heart to help others with the gift that Advocare has given me. Control of my health, wellness, and my finances. That's a gift I have no choice but to share. I was a girl who couldn't breathe just walking up stairs or simply sleeping. I was a girl who couldn't find anything to wear. I was a girl who was drowning in 20 grand worth of credit card debt. I still have work to put in. I'm still not in the best shape I can be but I'm in the best shape I've been since before I was a teenager. I'm not without debt but I'm a girl with a plan. There's so much more to life than I've been living.


This company has fueled my body and my heart. I've set my sights on some pretty large goals. Slaying my debt. Traveling to Philadelphia. Back to Dallas in February. And my heart is set on an all-expense-paid incentive trip to Disney. A little unknown fact when I was 5 years old I was promised a trip to Disney World. When I was 6 years old I lost my daddy and a trip to Disney was suddenly not a real thing. Here we are 23 years later and I'm surrounded by some Disney loving ladies and a Disney loving company and dangit I'm going to Disney. And I will do all this without going into debt. I refuse to be controlled by my debt any longer. It's not fair to the people I love not to know that they have options in life. It's not fair for them to be controlled by things they have the ability to control. We shall lock arms and defeat it.

Life is a process of learning and I learned so much this weekend. I stepped out of my comfort zone and talked to a total stranger for nearly two hours. She was so delightful and she just made it easy and I realized I was nervous for no good reason. I met some pretty awesome people and got to know some people I had met before so much better. I've learned that I can truly redefine my normal. I've learned that being fit isn't as simple as good nutrition and exercise. You need a community and I've found the best community and I'm so blessed. Someone said these people are your tribe. I have a tribe already but theres nothing that says I can't grow my tribe. I can embrace those who have the same goals and mindset I do and I can walk arm in arm with them and accomplish alll I have my heart set on.


Like I said, I have big goals. I have dreams, I have a vision, I have a purpose. I have 70 lbs that control my breathing and cause my body pain. I have ridiculous fears that hold me back from making friends and helping people and I'm hitting that breaking point and I'm releasing the sail. If you're not ready for this ride I truly understand. I've been livin' in limbo for a long, long time and I will love you support you in the best way I know how and when you're ready to take that leap of faith I'll be right there to hold your hand. Positive vibes only. We don't have room for negativity on this ride.

My second favorite quote this weekend, "If that doesn't light your fire, your wood is wet."



Goodnight you beautiful, amazing, people!😍

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...