Monday, July 10, 2017

My Semi-Sweet Morsels




I've had an epiphany. Well, kinda. I have felt a little better lately and I think it is because I'm trying to focus on myself. The trick is to not feel guilty about focusing on myself instead of everyone else. It really is true though, I'm of much more help and much more bearable when I'm not so angsty and emotional. It's not like I'm doing a lot but little things go a long way, especially for me. I stopped biting my nails and now I'm proud of them so I take care not to break them. I took a selfie for the first time in months. I'm even doing my make-up a little. The hair is still in a ponytail but I wouldn't expect that to change anytime soon. I bought real healthy groceries and I ate them. See, little things. And today was a fairly good day all things considered and that positive outlook is something I've been missing. I may have mentioned Colleen Hoover once or twice and here's one more. In her slammed series, among the many amazing things I took from that book, is a thing called "suck & sweet." It's pretty simple, everyday has good and bad parts, but the point is to find the good even amongst  the bad. 


Sweet: I got to sleep in.
Suck: I had to go to the dentist.

Sweet: They were able to fix my crown... for free.
Suck: I had to go to the dentist xD

Sweet: I had a half day at work.
Suck: It was the last half of the day which is the busiest and really who wants to go into work on a beautiful afternoon.

Sweet: My boss is kinda great for letting me come in late.
Suck: I lost hours

Sweet: That same boss complimented my make-up.
Suck: I looked like a raccoon by the end of the day.

Sweet: I got to talk to my little brother.
Suck: I really miss having my little brother nearby and all of our sibling bonding time. He's the greatest.

Sweet: I hit my step goal for the day.
Suck: My step goal is too low.

Sweet: I ate really well today... including the dinner I cooked while at work.
Suck: I was stuck at work because the truck wouldn't start.

Sweet: I was informed a cheaper motor could be used to fix my car.
Suck: My car still isn't fixed.

Sweet: Today was a good day and I managed to get some blogging done.
Suck: I should be doing homework. -_-

Sweet: For today, I'm passing every class.
Suck: It won't be like that for long.

Sweet: I started packing for my trip.
Suck: I need more money for my trip. 

We'll end on a stream of sweet:
I'm thankful for this opportunity to go to Texas. I'm excited for my immediate future. I might not see the long-term but I have invested some time in making my vision board and committing to it. I am working hard everyday to be better than the day before and as you can see I have plenty to be grateful for. I look forward to more semi-sweet days like today.


No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...