Friday, July 21, 2017

It's A Good Day To Have A GRATE(ful) Day



We all know it's been a hot minute since I got my sweat on. Tomorrow, I will hopefully start Summer Sweat Camp (https://www.facebook.com/events/114021155865946/). That's 16 workouts by September 2nd. It's not that it's expensive when you break it down but it's a large expense all at once ($120). But I want more.

I need to get some more work done because "endorphins make you happy!" I really wanna commit to the Virtual Pace Series (https://www.virtualpaceseries.com/events/). That's basically an online 5k/10k/Half marathon. Obviously, I'm a 5k kinda girl. (It's been awhile.) But you get a cute medal and it's a really good way to stay committed. You still pay the same thing you would for an in-person 5k just without the community of other runners. Fabulous idea, kinda pricey but I can set my sights on it.

I also want to commit to a #hashtag workout challenge. Like that's not the actual name for it but a big thing for my Advocare loves is setting a workout challenge and using a hashtag to keep you committed and accountable. The most recent is #100daysofthankful. So 100 days is a lot. Like more  than I can even fathom right now. So I want to do an alternative version.

So meet, #50gratefuldays. The object is to 1) get in your set amount of workouts and 2) empower yourself with all the things you are thankful for each workout. I'm thankful for a lot of things but I'd rather just post something positive with every day's workout. Now normally, I wouldn't want to include yoga as a workout. However, this is a positivity challenge: loving yourself, loving your body and loving all the things you're grateful for so it totally counts.

I'm really trying to focus on the positive. I had a friend tell me today that she was really glad to see my positivity back in my life. I had just been thinking how I get less "likes" and less "comments" when I'm in a good place than when I'm in a bad place. People don't seem to acknowledge the good. And there she went proving me wrong. I was truly thankful that she saw it and she said it. She then pointed out that folks tend to dwell on the negative and that is so very true. I have dug deep and to change move that grey cloud that was chillin' over my head.

 Yes, I still have bad days. I still cry and sulk and sometimes eat my feelings but I'm not living in that space and that's the real improvement. I'm so very glad I was able to crawl out of that hole. For a little while or a lotta while, either way for now I'm okay. I'm working on my goals. I'm focusing on dreams and I'm so glad the people around me are noticing. We can all follow this yellow brick road right on to the Land of Oz. 

If you appreciate the positive, I thank you. If you encourage the positive, I thank you. If you stand by me when I'm not so positive, I thank you. I'm so thankful for each and every one of you and I don't even know who you are but you read my jumbled mess and you give me community and support even if you don't know it. 

p.s.
If you wanna join my grateful days challenge(https://www.facebook.com/groups/824700704351631/) working out and/or the grateful part, let's do this. If you need my support, just reach out. I've learned that so many things in life are not easy but commUNITY makes them bearable. I got you, you beautiful human, you! 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...