Monday, July 24, 2017

The Good Place





I'm in a really good place. Can you tell? Maybe so. Maybe not. But I feel it. I feel the flutters of happiness in my soul. You might not know how long I have fought with this but it's been a good little while. Years and years up and down on that roller coaster. No, I don't have everything figured out but I have found a purpose and a will to work for the things I truly want. I have the passion to save myself. Like to say that out loud with all the happiness. I'm here to save myself! It has so much fire behind it. From the ashes I have risen.

I think it's about time for that tattoo. I have a few. Two of them have a very serious meaning one is just a symbol of where I was when I was 18 and it was a gift which made it more special. I always looked up to my cousin and I always wanted ink like hers so for her to buy me my first tattoo was pretty amazing. We grew up as sisters only 10 months apart and that bond has always been real even though I totally kicked her behind in high school. I won. I may not play fair but I always win. 😂
https://www.askideas.com/colorful-flying-phoenix-tattoo-design-by-katy-lipscomb/
I'm so glad I decided to start a new tradition for my family. I don't know how long it will go on but, hey, I started this blog with no commitment and well, here we still are, going strong. I have committed to finding some glue for my family. By no means do we always get along. That's not a real thing in any family I don't think but we have always had each other. Might be a little flaky sometimes but we find ourselves back home eventually (even if I have to give out road maps for Christmas). Family has always been important to me so I refuse to give up on them. So I have decided to budget a little of my money each month to have a single family dinner, one single Sunday out of the month. It's not a lot but it's more than we had.

We get out of this world what we put into it and I have committed to giving it my best. Not my former fake it til you make it but my genuine best, as often as possible. I want you to hear sunshine when I speak. I want you to feel my genuine nature and my truth. I want to put out only the best vibes and I want to neutralize the negativity of others. I'm not talking about depression. That's a real problem. A demon in itself and there are a lot of people including myself who have to fight that fight. But walking around being all pessimistic and down about what other people are doing is unnecessary. Focus on what you can control and the only thing you can control is you.

Let's go out and carpe the dang diem! Own the happy and don't live in the sad. We can all do great things we just need a little support now and then. I'm here to support you in any way I can. There's still plenty of time to join the #50GratefulDays group too. Even if you don't wanna join commit to it on your own time. You got this. I believe in you! Have a wonderful evening, you beautiful human!



No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...