Thursday, July 27, 2017

Stickin' And Stayin'






I know I have made some serious strides lately. I am stepping out of my comfort zone. I am talking to people. I am sharing my heart and my passion and not letting being ignored or told no get me down. It's really a change for me. I let money and time be an excuse for my not keeping up fitness goals and I let depression be an excuse for my not so healthy eating. I tried not to let it show and be the queen of faking it but it didn't work. People noticed. 

When I was able to see a glimmer of light at the end of that dark tunnel I knew I was gonna have to do hard things. I was going to have to make some changes. I put $50 towards a week of healthy eating equaled one small commitment. A walk on a trail equaled one more small commitment. Midsummer Meltdown challenge was a larger nutritional commitment. A Summer Sweat Camp a larger fitness commitment. Small commitments have gotten bigger. Tiny steps putting one foot in front of the other. 


In all my health wins over the the last two years, I found confidence but I still wasn't happy with my body. I still covered myself. Wearing shapewear everyday was still a serious part of my life's fashion choices. I said I loved me because well, I didn't so much hate me anymore. I knew I had put in work to do better for me so that was obviously an improvement but I wasn't gonna post an everyday picture of me. You know, one of those not so flattering outfits you wore to the grocery store one day. One of those days you just didn't have time or a care to think about what you looked like.

Recently that's changed a little. I didn't notice it until today. So, I lost 50 lbs, we all may or may not know this but it happened. I've changed clothings sizes a little and right now I'm between a large and an extra large but obviously that size doesn't exits. So I bought a pair of jeggings in a large with hopes that they would be closer to that in-between size. They aren't. But that's ok. I'm working hard and eventually they'll fit right. But until that day they are perfectly good pants and as a girl with no money I wear what I have.

Fast forward to me standing in front of the bathroom mirror at work and I noticed all the rolls. Ain't nothing sucked in. You know what, I'm ok with all that. I'm a workin progress but I have consistency on my side. I know how to stick and stay. This journey is about progress not perfection. All the amazing terms I've learned in the Advocare community over the last couple years and now I truly understand them. I know they describe me and my journey and I embrace that.


Life is hard. this journey is hard. But it's worth fighting for. I am worth fighting for and you are too. You are so enough it is unbelievable how enough you are, you beautiful human!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...