Friday, April 20, 2018

I Need A Vacation




Like, I'm so serious. I need a break. I hate that though. That I need a vacation. A vacation shouldn't be this break you need from your everyday life to not eat a bullet. It should be a time you look forward to making unreal memories. Instead, vacation for me is just looking forward to a 40 hours away from work and barely making it through 360 more days of the year. That's depressing in so many ways, yall.

Stop stressing yourself out for 40 hours. Like, it's not worth. Yeah, money is important in our capitalist society. We live here we, can't help it. But you probably don't need as much as you think you do. You just don't so there ain't no reason to kill yourself for the job that is gonna replace you the day after you die from that heart-a-stroke.  I need to learn that lesson myself. I need to practice stress management and double up on self care and it's hard to find balance.

I want a YES life. Yes, I work hard, Yes my bills are paid, Yes, I practice self care, Yes, I can take a minute and just go be. Yes, I can help others around me. But somehow I keep getting suck in an instant gratification mindset. Like knowing I could make little sacrifices now and have big results down the road but when you're taught to live for the moment it's easy to get stuck looking at trees and not the seeing the forest.

We need more yes moments and we need people encouraging us but we also need reminders to keep us on track. Like when you were little and your mom was all no you can't have ice cream before dinner you'll ruin your appetite. Your mom knew ice cream was delicious and she'd love to have a bowl with you, but she also knew you wouldn't be getting the nutrients your body needed. She was guiding you to do better. We need moms. To tell us, "Hey, that sounds great and all but first you gotta do this. Just trust me. " For real, trust her. She knows.
I can admit I need that and admit that I fall short often of listening. I'm vowing to do better though. Because living for the moment like there isn't a tomorrow might leave you in the past. SO yeah, eat the ice cream, but get your veggies too. Enjoy the sun but put on your sunscreen. Treat yourself, but make sure your bills are paid and you put some money in that emergency fund. You legit can't live everyday telling yourself it's your last. You can take risks without sabotaging yourself. Promise.

So go out and get curious. Do the things. But never forget for most of us there is a tomorrow and you don't wanna miss out on it's adventures because you didn't consider them while you were only living once. You're amazing, you beautiful human, you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...