Thursday, April 12, 2018

You Deserve Everything You're Fighting For


You know during your workout, when you're really pushing yourself and you feel like you might actually die? That happens to me about 3 times a week... easily. I get over and go do it again every single time. I can honestly say I have never regretted a workout. I mean yeah having to use the bathroom sometimes is hard because I'm gonna be honest after leg day, if you can squat to pee, you didn't go hard enough. Like for real. You just didn't. Do better.

There are a lot of things I've learned to see that way. I'm like legitimately scared to death of public speaking. Like it makes me physically ill. Same with horror films. I used to work in a video store (or two... RIP Blockbuster & Hollywood) and I would practically run through the horror section to put back DVDs. Talking to new people about things I'm really passionate about. Same result. I have a fears and they are truly overwhelming. But I've gotten a little more brave over the years. 

It took me 3 tries, but I passed my public speaking class. I have watched horror-lite films and I'm currently considering one more (A Quiet Place... because sign language and John Krasinski.) I reach out to be people I'm unfamiliar with because I know they deserve what I have if they want to really take charge of their health, wellness, and most of all, their life. I share my story because my heart speaks louder than my fears. I flew by myself states over, drove myself around and took on Plano, TX by myself. And you know what I learned? It wasn't as bad as my anxiety brain made it out to be.

I learned that I can accomplish anything if I try. I am stronger than my brain screams and my heart beats. I have learned to give myself grace if it takes me three tries. To shine with pride when I finally accomplish one of the big scary things. I am proud of me for the things I have accomplished. I am proud of me for learning from past mistakes and current flaws and growing into a stronger, healthier, happier version of myself. I have learned that my vulnerability isn't necessarily a shot against me... but just one more brick to my foundation of awesome.


If I let my fears stand in my way I will never find that happiness I look for shooting across the sky every night. I deserve all the things I'm fighting for. From my fit life to my finances. I deserve to not be in debt for the rest of my life. I deserve to be happy in my body. I deserve my blessings. AND SO DO YOU! Don't be your own road block.


Never forget that you are worthy, beautiful human!





No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...