Thursday, March 15, 2018

Strong Healthy Happy



Last night, while reading The Fringe Hours... in my fringe hours, the author was talking about making time for you in a community. This has been a big theme in my life as far as my AdvoCare family and it just rang to me that community in your interests is really important for refilling your cup. I have a little with my small group but after the 10 week session each time, there's not really a commitment to keep in touch minus the occasional facebook like or share. I had the same thing when I went to the gym and yes there were a few friendships that grew from that but not a big network of support. Same with Yoga Mondays (that still havent started back, sadly,) a group of like-minded people doing something they love but no long-range connections. I'm the kind of girl with a few close friends. That's how I've always been. Yes, I interact with a wide variety of people and I do care for them it's all on an individual basis.

I have friends who participate in FIA (Females In Action). It's a free, peer-lead, boot-camp style fitness group and it reminds me so much of the type of community I'm imagining. Think about it. It's a group of women, that in itself is a great start. It's peer-lead, which means that you're investing in one another. And it's free, so you know you aren't getting together just from a financial obligation. You're supported for your health and nutrition goals in a positive, encouraging environment. I really do love the idea of that. However, getting to an FIA workout near me, is nearly impossible and as a not-so-outgoing, introvert that's a lot of pressure on my anxiety. 

But after reading, I went searching the interwebs for this style of group (I'm in a few women's encouragement and empowerment groups) for a group that "meets" weekly for their fitness goals to encourage one another and to attack their health goals head on. I didn't find one. And then Jessica Turner, the author, said this, "Start your own group. It is likely that other women in your community are yearning for the same thing you are. Your boldness might be an answer to their prayers." Oh, snap! She just told me to go do the things. Doing the things is scary though. Doesn't she know that. 

Well, guess what? I did the thing. I started a facebook group called Strong Healthy Happy, it's a hashtag I use often in my fitness posts. I loaded up some workouts simple, easy stuff you can do at home to start your fitness journey or to fill in the gaps. A mix of things I do on my own and videos I've tried before. I had my brother look it over to get his input. I sometimes send him my workouts just as encouragement. And with his blessing that I'm not crazy, I decided to share it. I want to focus on a fitness community of women but honestly, everyone could use a little more fit in their life. Nutrition is the hardest part for most but fitness can be the most expensive. I mean you have to eat, right?

If you like it, let me know. If you don't then keep it to yourself... I mean give me ideas for improvement. Sorry if I over used the word community today, I fell asleep watching Community right after reading about community and making a community page... it's a little heavy handed. But you get it. May you have a happy throw back thursday, beautiful humans!

Yeah, this was the last #tbt song I heard this am, and I was jammin', just go with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...