Tuesday, February 6, 2018

Lucky In Life

I realize more and more how fortunate I was to have a mom who trusted and respected me and allowed me to make decisions for myself growing up. She gave me opportunities for experiences and chances to learn things and accept things that others around me would never receive. I really took it for granted that other people were allowed to live their lives just like I was, but they weren't. Many lived under so much control and missed out on so much.

For that, I just want to tell my mama thank you. When my anxiety strikes and I lash out or shut down. Those days when I don't want to be hugged. Those days when I need too much. You never let me down and I am blessed. No wonder everyone claimed you. You are truly one of a kind and I aspire to be the mother you have been to me, one day.

You're the greatest and Shorty and I are so lucky to get to have you. And I know we don't say it or show it enough but just know that we never forget the fabulous woman who brought us to this Earth. I love you mama!

*proceed with the tears*

No comments:

Post a Comment

IT'S BEEN ONE WEEK... AND 561 DAYS.... SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

I haven't written a single blog post in 568 days. I've written in my journal, like, the physical one. Pen to paper has a sense of pe...